ATMs & Eftpos
Throughout the festival site there will be a number of easily accessible ATMs.
This year all bars and food vendors will be cashless. This means that you will only be able to use your credit/debit card to make a purchase. Some market stalls will accept cash so we still recommend bringing some cash along with you.
If you’re unsure about what items you can and can’t bring along with you, please refer the following list of items prohibited from Beyond The Valley:
- Glass bottles, containers or jars of any kind
- Fires, flares, fireworks or sparklers; there is a TOTAL FIRE BAN for the duration of the festival
- Alcohol purchased outside the festival grounds
- Illicit drugs, dangerous objects or weapons of any kind
- Pets & animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs, police & emergency service dogs)
- Large Sound systems
- Portable laser equipment
- Large furniture items
- Audio or video recording devices
- Professional photography equipment (e.g. telephoto lenses; any lens over 20cm; any detachable lens or anything deemed by event staff to be professional photography equipment)
- Gas bottles
- Any item deemed to be potentially dangerous or offensive by event staff
General camping is free and available to all festival goers upon purchasing a ticket. If you are arriving by car you must purchase a car pass before arriving to the festival. You can purchase your car pass here. For those wanting to add a little extra to their camping experience, Beyond The Valley offer Electric City Passes. Purchasing an Electric City pass will allow you and your friends access to a campsite with a 240 volt, 10 amp power source.
Beyond The Valley also offers a limited amount of Luxury Camping passes to our festival attendees. A Lux Camp Pass gives patrons exclusive access to our Lakeside Camping area, Lakeside Village Bar, VIP Lux Bars, premium toilet & shower facilities, and, puts you and your mates a stone’s throw from the main festival site.
Beyond The Valley will have the following infrastructure and facilities available to all festival goers:
- ATMs & Eftpos machines
- Event maps and programs
- Food and market stalls
- Toilets and showers
- Free drinking water outlets
- Shade from sun and shelter from rain
- First aid stations
- Lost and found
- General Store
If you’re having difficulty locating any of our facilities, head to one of our information booths for assistance.
Food, Drink & Stalls
Over the years we’ve road tested and tasted some of the finest food vans and vendors for our Beyond The Valley food offering. On offer will be a mouth watering selection of meat friendly, vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options to cater to all dietary preferences and/or requirements.
To accompany your scrumptious meals we will also have a range of creative cocktails, delectable mixed drinks, and a selection of Australia’s favourite beers & cider served ice cold. You can find these beverages at one of our many bars located around the festival site.
Our food vendors for 2018:
- Chinese Dim Sum King
- Italian Kitchen by That Arancini Guy
- Crackle and Co
- The Avocado Hut
- Melbourne Paella Company
- Dutch Cafe
- Greek Trojan
- The Gozleme Station
- PJT Sizzle
- Frozen Yogurt
- The Kraken Squid
- Barefoot Blender
- Royal Stacks
- Biggie Smalls Kbabs
- Two Fat Indians
- Nem N' Nem Food Truck
- Primo Street Pizza Co.
- The Rib Crib
- The Pantry - Royal Burgers
- The Pantry - Willy's
- The Pantry - Hiro
- Naughty Frenchy
- Leonards House Of Love
Each year Beyond The Valley have a General Store on site in case you forget or run out of something while you’re there. On sale at the General Store will be a selection of toiletries, snacks, camping supplies, bags of ice and more. A full list of items will be released closer to the event.
The General store will be open between 07.00am and 21.00pm every day.
For those wanting Beyond The Valley souvenirs to take home or wear at the festival, check out our Merchandise Stall for a range of t-shirts, jumpers, hats and artist merchandise. Please refer to your site map for the location of the Merchandise Stall.
HOW TO BE AN ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY FESTIVAL GOER, A HANDGUIDE.
Each year we are humbled to call the luscious parklands of Baw Baw Shire our home. To reduce our impact on the local and broader environment, we ask that you please do the following during your time at Beyond The Valley:
Disposing of your waste in the correct bins will keep our festival site looking ship-shape in both the short and long run. Please be mindful when getting rid of waste to place them in their respective bins. Recyclables and rubbish bins will be located at the camping hubs all throughout the site for your convenience.
Make good use of the garbage bags provided upon your arrival to the festival. A quick clean up here and there throughout the festival will keep your campsite from turning into a dump. If your campsite is deemed by our staff to be unclean, we will ask you to clean it, if this is not done you will be asked to leave the festival.
Take your belongings with you
At the end of the festival remember to take your camping equipment home with you – it can be reused for many festivals to come! Otherwise, there are plenty of charities who would be stoked to receive donations of camping equipment and other bits and pieces.
When travelling to Beyond The Valley, we highly recommend getting together with friends and carpooling. Not only will you get to share in the road trip fun with your friends, you will also be contributing fewer emissions into the atmosphere. Less cars on the road = less travel emissions.
Have some more eco friendly ideas you’d like to share?
Email us your go-to tips and tricks no matter how quirky or downright practical: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before purchasing a ticket and attending the festival we recommend you read the following important information:
- BTV is strictly an 18+ event, photo identification must be shown upon entry. Accepted forms of identification are; a driver’s license, keypass, passport or proof of age card.
- Police will be present throughout the duration of the event and the surrounding area.
- Strictly no BYO alcohol is permitted to enter the festival.
- Please drink responsibly; intoxicated patrons will be refused service of alcohol.
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Please be conscious of hot weather conditions and take the appropriate precautions.
- Stay protected from the sun; sit in the shade and slip, slop, slap.
- For any illness or injuries, please seek medical attention immediately at one our First Aid tents located in the festival site or camping grounds. Better to be safe than sorry.
- We recommend having an event map on you at all times. If you’ve misplaced your map, feel free to ask our friendly staff for directions or for a new one.
- Drive safely to and from the festival: plan ahead and designate a driver. Unsure of the legal blood alcohol levels? P plate drivers must be 0.00 and drivers on their full license must be on or under 0.05.
- Do not drive while fatigued. Pull over for a power nap if necessary; it could save your life.
- Always be aware of the speed limitations on the roads especially close to BTV as the speed limits may change.
- Keep an eye out for your friends and fellow festival goers. Security, First Aid and Staff are always on hand if you need.
- Please be mindful of noise restrictions and your nearby fellow campers.
- Beyond Valley is surrounded by privately owned properties, be respectful of our neighbours and stay within the barriers and fences erected.
Lost & found
Lost something? Visit one of our information booths to see report it lost, stolen or to check if it’s been handed in by leaving your details with a staff member. For any items left behind at the festival site, email email@example.com with the following details:
- Full name
- Detailed description of your item/s
- Where you may have lost it
- Any additional details about the item/s
Medical & Wellbeing
If you require medical attention due to illness or injury, please visit one of our Medical and First Aid Tents conveniently located around the festival and camping grounds. Medical and First Aid Tent locations can be found on your site map, or ask a staff member.
If you have any prescription medicine that needs to be specially stored or refrigerated then please visit first aid upon arrival to make arrangements.
Keeping you happy and safe over the course of the festival is our top priority. As such, we have dedicated POLICE officers, CFA members, ST JOHN’S AMBULANCE staff, festival SECURITY and volunteers across the site so please reach out when in need.
The bones of any music festival is, and always will be, the volunteers who make it all possible. The hard work and dedication of those collectively involved, keep music festivals alive and create a lifetime of memories while doing so.
Volunteer applications will open at a later date. Stay up to date via our Facebook page when applications open.
No Car Movement On Site
For safety reasons, patrons who drive to Beyond The Valley will be unable to move their cars (once they have parked) until the end of the festival on January 1st, from 6am. This is a condition of our permit and under no circumstance will you be permitted to move your car. If you think you might need to drive out of the festival earlier than the 1st of Jan, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND coming via public transport.
Those who are catching public transport will be transported to the drop-off point at the front gates.
What to Bring
Not sure what to bring? Please refer to the below list of recommended camping essentials.
- Tickets and identification
- Cash and cards
- A pillow, tent and sleeping bag
- Phone charger
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, baby wipes etc)
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- A drink bottle
- Clothes for cold and warm weather
- Bathers and towel
- Insect repellent
- Medication/s you’re required to take: head to Medical & Wellbeing for more information
- Torch and/or camp lighting
- Folding chair
- Ear plugs
- Food and water
Everything you need to know about BTV in the palm of your hand! From set times to site maps, we recommend downloading the BTV app before heading to the event.
We will have information hubs located within the campgrounds. They will operate 24/7 so head here anytime if you have a question, need directions or have an emergency. Our friendly staff members will be happy to help!
Applications to become a food vendor — or to run a market stall — at Beyond The Valley 2018 have now closed.
The Sanctuary is a space for people to come, relax and be. A safe space to explore, share, feel and express yourself.
During the day we have a lot of fun and exciting activities for you to experience - you may want to come and do some painting, learn how to create your own doof stick in the art cave, relax with a massage in the healing tent, or come and experience some yoga, meditation or sharpen your dance moves in one of our workshops.
As we step into the evening, you may want to come and sing it out in karaoke or open mic.
Workshops / Activities:
Come and recenter the mind and feel the body again. A nice gentle flow. Beginners welcome.
Come and sit with us - let the past be what it was, the future whatever it will be, and experience what is happening right now in the body. An introduction into vipassana or 'insight' meditation. Beginners welcome.
Make Your Own Doof-stick
Find your CREW amongst the crowd – even better than meeting front left (Sticks and Materials Provided)
Ethical Glitter Face Paint BONANZA! Glitter Make-up Workshop (Glitter Provided) leave looking shiny and bright!
Massage and release for two
Partner Massage to release and rejuvenate party worn bodies
5 Elements Qigong
Simple Qigong and Taichi Forms to move the blood and cleanse the system.
Expanding and Sharpening up your Dance Technique (Awkwardness be GONE)
We invite the best dressed of BTV to strut their stuff and share their aesthetic contributions – CATWALK LESSON Included.
Stretch and Release (Yin)
Open, release and calm the body to allow more energy to sustainably take you through the festivities.
Power Yoga (Hatha)
All Levels Welcome! Find strength and power through breath in this energising practice.
The Perfect Selfie Workshop
Pro Skills and tips to taking that perfect SELFIE (bring cameras/Smartphones) Facilitator – Sam.
BTV Klassic Karaoke
Greatest 80s/90s Hits Sung by you, for THE PEOPLE OF BTV
All Genders/Sexual Preferences welcome!
Looking for the ONE??? Try your luck HERE!
Song, poem, or whatever else you feel like expressing. Come and get involved.